Which melatonin is the best
If you have difficulty falling asleep or suffer from insomnia, it is very likely that someone who is close to you has recommended melatonin as an effective, safe and healthy method for relaxing nights. It is true that it can contribute to improving well -being, but it is advisable to take some data into account that enable you to clarify the potential advantages and risks of this active ingredient. When looking for the best melatonin, it is worth it, it is worth it to take several factors into account.
What is melatonin?
Melatonin is a natural sleep hormone. Melatonin is obtained from the well -being hormone serotonin in the so -called pineal gland of the brain. The sleep hormone naturally controls its day-night rhythm and ensures that they get tired at night, fall asleep and wake up the next morning. Melatonin production is made by light or lack of light, i.e. H. Darkness in the evening and at night, controlled. The natural melatonin level increases naturally as soon as it gets dark outside, and reaches its peak at night between 0 and 2 a.m. At that time, deep sleep also occurs. Your melatonin level sinks again, the brighter it is and the more light falls on your eye. So you wake up the next morning and are fit and ready for the next day. Melatonin is a natural hormone that is produced by the pineal gland in your brain and controls your day-night rhythm. Melatonin makes her tired at night and is responsible for how quickly you fall asleep or not.
Which melatonin is the best
Which melatonin is best is a frequently asked question. The selection of the best melatonin preparations is not easy, but here we will discuss what to consider and what advantages melatonin offers.
What does a melatonin deficiency lead to?
If normal melatonin production is disturbed (and this can be done by excessive lighting of the room, both naturally and artificially), the sleep quality deteriorates. Such disorders lead to a whole "bouquet" of problems: - The concentration of the stress hormone cortisol increases; - The body begins to collect excess fat; - There are problems with recovery after physical exertion; - The body "wears out" faster: the first signs of aging occur; - Reduced immunity and performance.
What you can do without dietary supplements
These problems can only be avoided if we tackle your solution. And with that you have to start with nutrition and sleep hygiene:
- Always go to bed at the same time.
- Do not strain your stomach at night: Even after an intensive evening training, it is better to drink a protein shake, hut cheese, kefir or fermented back milk.
- Create pleasant conditions for sleep: no light, preferably before going to bed, do not use devices and do not watch TV.
- Take food in your diet that promote melatonin production: cherries, nuts, tomatoes, bananas, rice, corn, pomegranates, broccoli.
Of course, this is an ideal formula that a modern person cannot always adhere to. In view of the rhythm of life, frequent stress and evening training, which often "accelerates" the nervous system and prevents you from falling asleep normally despite all the tiredness, such a scheme may seem impossible. In this case, taking melatonin as a dietary supplement can be very useful.
How to decide
Of course you can take melatonin without unnecessary concerns, but it is important that you do not overdo it, but consult a specialist before taking it. There are different types of melatonin:
- in different doses of 2 to 10 mg; - in liquid form and in the form of tablets and capsules; - with "faster" and gradual effect (for slow falling asleep). The choice of dosage and the dosage form depends on what you expect from taking the preparation. For example, quickly soluble melatonin (Fast Dissolve) is suitable for falling asleep as quickly as possible, while capsules in small doses are suitable for gradual restoration of sleep behavior. What is the difference between melatonin that is sold in sports shops and analogues from the pharmacy? The main difference lies in the dosage: "Melatonin from the pharmacy" has a minimum dose that is not always suitable for high and intensive physical stress, since the quality of sleep plays a key role for recreation for the athlete.
How to use
In normal condition, a healthy body produces 30 micrograms of melatonin, so it is better to start at 1-2 mg per day and gradually dose To increase 5 mg per day
. The duration of the course should not exceed 1-2 months. We cannot say exactly which melatonin is best, but we can offer you high quality and reliable melatonin.